Alexandru Romanciuc

Alexandru Romanciuc

Sunday 15 September 2019

Helm,Gentian,Castle Towers

                                        Helm,Gentian,Castle Towers Peak-July 20-21 2013

Adrien wanted to get up Castle Towers Peak and invited me to join him on this overnight trip.

The plan was to follow pretty much the same route that I did when I did Castle Towers in 18 hours but climbing Helm first and also hiking up Gentian since I haven't done both of those peaks.

The road up Helm Creek parking lot was a bit more rough than when I was there last time, I guess that place it's getting pretty busy.

The trail was in pretty good shape and better than last time I was there since I remember we had to do some navigation just before getting near the campground.



Once we got to the campground we stayed on the trail for a bit more and soon we started our way towards Helm Peak.



Adrien waited for me at the base of the peak since he already did it, so I went alone towards the summit of Helm Peak.



No wonder why everybody is complaining about the shitty and sharp rock on the summit block, it was pretty easy to get some scratches and almost cuts on my hands.



Didn't took me a lot of time to reach the summit of Helm peak from where I took some photos and started my way back down where Adrien was waiting for me.





Then we continued our way towards Gentian Peak.



This time we both went to the summit of Gentian since none of us were on that summit.

After Gentian summit we got back down to the pass and dropped down into the valley where we tried to find a flat spot which was our camping spot for the night.



There was a lot of bugs that day and since we both had bivy's with us and not the fancy bivy sacks we had some suffering time from those bugs.

The next morning we woke up and had our breakfast and soon started our way up to the summit of Castle Towers Peak.






I already knew the route from the previous time so it didn't took us too much time to get on the summit.






On our way back we took Helm Glacier which was pretty fast and saved us some time.








No comments:

Post a Comment