Alexandru Romanciuc

Alexandru Romanciuc

Thursday 12 September 2019

Cochrane Lane and Bald Peak

                                                   Cochrane Lane and Bald Peak September 2011

This was my first trip in the mountains of New Brunswick.

After looking for any hiking clubs that are in Fredericton,NB I found a climbing gym that was near my place and decided to go there and see if I could find more info about some hikes but got sucked in into buying a climbing membership.

After talking with one guy from the climbing gym about some possible hikes he decided to show me an area near Welsford which wasn't that far from Fredericton.

The drive to Welsford of course was not as impressive as the drive to Squamish or any other areas but it was better than nothing.

After we got in Welsford we got on a gravel road that was pretty short where out trail was.




This area towards Cochrane Lane is very popular for climbing and as my friend told me that it's used by military for training pretty often.








After checking some of the climbing routes and making our way up the wall by using the by-pass route we went back down to the parking lot.















My friend decided to show me one more popular hike in Welsford which was Mount Bald, which is a summit just before entering Welsford.

The trail was in pretty good shape and easy to follow.







Of course the views from the summit weren't as spectacular as the views that I've used to see, but still not too bad.



We didn't spend too much time on the summit and soon we got back down to the car and drove back to Fredericton.

Pretty good day exploring some hiking near Welsford.

No comments:

Post a Comment