Alexandru Romanciuc

Alexandru Romanciuc

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Mount Goverla and Lake Nesamovite

                          Mount Goverla and Lake Nesamovite 2009- UKRAINE


Mount Goverla was my first summit and that's how I started hiking.



Mount Goverla

Summit of Mount Goverla


Since Ukraine was the closest country to my country,Moldova and you don't need a visa to go in Ukraine me and few friends decided to go and visit Ukrainian mountains and we decided to go for the highest peak in Ukrain which is Mount Goverla.







Before moving to Canada I went 3 times in different seasons to Mount Goverla and also explored the area near by which includes Lake Nesamovite.

The road to get to the lodge was in pretty good shape, the only thing is you need to be worried about those buses full with kids that area going up.



The trail to Mount Goverla is a well maintaned trail and pretty busy, especially in summer time, and in spring time got to see few skiers enjoying those turns form the summit.









To lake Nesamovite the trail is not that well maintained, I was lucky that I was following a group of hikers that had been there already and they knew the way since there was no markers along the way.


Lake Nesamovite



I would recommend both hikes,the hike to the summit it's a pretty spectacular hike with gorgeous view and the hike to the lake gives you a different view of Goverla and some rugged peaks near the lake.



























No comments:

Post a Comment