Alexandru Romanciuc

Alexandru Romanciuc

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Zoa Peak

                                                        Zoa Peak - November 23rd 2013

This was my first summit on skis and since I only started skiing a week ago Dean suggested that this will be a good trip for beginners.

Last week when me and Ben went for a overnight trip into Elfin Lake ti was pretty bad, I didn't know how to turn or try to stop those skis on the way down so I was hoping for a easier terrain and for some improvement.

We got pretty late at the parking lot for Zoa which was already full.

The way up the pipe road was pretty good and I wasn't worried too much about going down since it was so wide.




Soon we entered the forest and that's where things got interesting for me.

Dean was trying to teach me some of the tricks of skinning up on a steeper slope and how to do those kick turns properly .

Just before the subsummit we got to a big group of skiers that stopped on the subsummit.


From the subsummit we dropped into the bowl which wasn't too bad, from where we went up towards the summit of Zoa peak.









Wasn't too long until we got back on the subsummit from where I took my time to get back on the road where I was more comfortable and able to practice doing some nicer turns.


No comments:

Post a Comment